When a loved one suffers abuse or neglect in a nursing home, it may feel like a betrayal. This place of care violated the trust given by your family. In this difficult time, you need a dedicated and experienced advocate on your side.
Look no further than the Moran Law Group in Jermyn, PA. Our team helps families in Jermyn protect the rights, health, and safety of their loved ones in elder care facilities. With us on your side, you will have a skilled personal injury lawyer in Jermyn, PA, to help you seek justice.
Schedule your free consultation with the Moran Law Group today to learn more.
Why Do I Need a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer?
Discovering potential abuse or neglect in an elder care facility can be traumatic. Not only do you have an injured loved one, but you also have the daunting task of determining if a violation occurred.
Our personal injury lawyers in Jermyn, PA, specialize in elder abuse and can help you in this challenging time. Let our attorneys assist you in the following ways:
- Explain the standards of care legally required of nursing homes
- Help gather evidence, like documenting nursing home conditions and accessing charts
- Investigate billing procedures, bills, and Medicare payments
- Secure medical records from any providers
- Research state and federal inspection reports
- File suit or negotiate a settlement, pending the situation and preferences
- Support you from start to finish
What Are Signs of Nursing Home Abuse?
Certain signs could indicate abuse or neglect is occurring. Abuse can result from operation issues, like reduced staffing or poorly trained staff. Failure to follow the law or industry expectations can also be a cause.
Other signs of harm to an innocent elder include:
- Unexplained bruises or fractures
- Constant falls
- Incorrect or missing medication
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Silence/reluctance suggesting emotional withdrawal
- Sudden need to change legal documents (could be a sign of pressure/duress)
The results of elder abuse include:
- Bedsores or pressure sores
- Medication errors
- Physical, sexual, or verbal abuse
- Wandering from the facilities
- Clogged breathing tubes
- Physical restraints
Sometimes mistreatment is not intentional, but it is no less painful. Your loved one might not always tell you if abuse is occurring, and the nursing home may gloss over any ‘accidents.’ It’s important to seek justice and contact our nursing home abuse lawyer Jermyn, PA team today if you suspect abuse to your loved one.
Experienced Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Jermyn, PA
Many laws protect nursing home residents. When a facility fails to follow the law, you need an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer on your side to seek justice.
At the Moran Law Group, we use our experience to help you understand the letter of the law and how it applies to your family. Our team has years of experience fighting for your loved one’s right to fair treatment and suitable living conditions.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with the Moran Law Group Today
The Moran Law Group offers confidential, respectful, and convenient consultations. We will learn about your difficult experience and advise you on possible next steps.
Schedule your free consultation to learn how you can recover from nursing home abuse and get justice for your loved one.