Luke P. Moran is a graduate of Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. He received his B.A. with honors in American Studies from the Pennsylvania State University. Prior to joining the firm, he honed his skills as a trial lawyer serving as Assistant District Attorney with the Luzerne County District Attorney’s Office prosecuting major felony cases in a county with one of the highest crime rates in Pennsylvania. Assigned to the Firearm and Narcotics Unit- Trial Division, Luke served as lead or co-counsel on major felony convictions at both Bench and Jury Trials, obtaining guilty verdicts on the highest charge for offenses including first-degree criminal homicide, attempted homicide, narcotics trafficking and manufacturing, armed robbery and illegal firearm possession and distribution.
Prior to joining the District Attorney’s Office, Luke served as law clerk to the Honorable James M. Munley of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. As law clerk to Judge Munley, Luke advised and assisted the Judge throughout all stages of litigation, with a primary focus on complex civil actions involving civil rights, personal injury, medical malpractice, contract disputes, and a wide range of Constitutional, healthcare and corporate litigation. Luke helped draft opinions, memoranda, trial briefs and court orders that shaped his intimate familiarity with complex litigation as well as the judicial decision-making process.
Luke is a member of the Pennsylvania State Bar, Pennsylvania Bar Association, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Member-Trial Team, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Hugo Selenski (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Joshua Ovalles (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Holly Crawford (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. James Roche (2015)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Armed Robbery conviction, Commonwealth v. Francis Eyerman (2016)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Drug Manufacturing conviction, Commonwealth v. Juan Jose Santana-Ventura (2016)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Drug Trafficking conviction, Commonwealth v. Nixon Jaquez (2016)