Luke P. Moran is an experienced civil litigator and trial attorney. Luke currently focuses his practice on representing innocent victims of catastrophic injury, abuse, neglect, and criminal conduct.
Luke brings a wide range of experience to the team at The Moran Law Group. Prior to joining the firm, Luke honed his trial and litigation skills in the public arena, serving a federal clerkship with Judge James M. Munley of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and then as a criminal prosecutor with the Luzerne County District Attorney’s Office. As an Assistant District Attorney, Luke gained extensive trial experience prosecuting major felony cases to verdict at both bench and jury trials, securing convictions for some of the most serious crimes in Pennsylvania, including murder, attempted murder, and high-level narcotics manufacturing.
Since joining the firm in 2018, Luke has helped The Moran Law Group recover millions of dollars for seriously injured victims and their families. In 2020, Luke became a lifetime member of both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership is limited to attorneys who have secured million-dollar and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Luke was born and raised in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He received his B.A. with Honors in American Studies from the Pennsylvania State University.
Luke is admitted to practice in all state courts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Luke is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Lackawanna County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, and the Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member-Trial Team, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Hugo Selenski (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Joshua Ovalles (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. Holly Crawford (2015)
- Co-counsel, First degree murder conviction, Commonwealth v. James Roche (2015)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Armed Robbery conviction, Commonwealth v. Francis Eyerman (2016)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Drug Manufacturing conviction, Commonwealth v. Juan Jose Santana-Ventura (2016)
- Lead Counsel, Felony Drug Trafficking conviction, Commonwealth v. Nixon Jaquez (2016)