Paralegal candidates must be familiar with all aspects of litigation procedures, have at least 3+ years experience as a litigation paralegal and previous experience handling Personal Injury, Catastrophic Injury, Medical Malpractice, or other similar matters. College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred, but will also consider candidates with equal years appropriate experience.
Excellent organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills are required. Must be able to effectively work independently or as part of the team in this fast paced, deadline oriented environment. The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who takes initiative to achieve team goals.
- Assist attorneys in all aspects of legal case preparation and file management from commencement through settlement or trial
- Obtaining, reviewing, and organizing medical records and case materials
- Preparing, calculating, and maintaining damage summaries including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage
- Logging daily mail
- Preparing and forwarding medical records to insurance carriers and defense counsel
- Communicating and corresponding with clients regarding case status
- Preparing check requests, maintaining check records, and mailing checks to vendors
- Preparing disbursement summaries* Draft pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and response, other legal documents, etc.
- Assist in deposition preparation, pre-trial investigations, trial preparation, including assistance with preparation of witnesses for deposition and/or trial
- Prepare exhibits and other demonstrative evidence for use at trial
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred , and relevant work experience required
- Previous experience with Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Catastrophic Injury, Wrongful Death, or other similar matters
- Ability to independently perform a variety of complex paralegal duties with limited supervision
- Possess a solid understanding of legal and medical terminology
- Articulate, organized team player with excellent grammar and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be highly proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced, successful, and fast growing firm offering exciting and challenging work and a very friendly, professional environment. The firm is offering a competitive salary in a flexible business casual working environment. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.